Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Last Post from Paris

It has been a very busy day with lots of walking and biking. I really tried to do too much and should have just stayed in one area. I spend most of the day biking from one place to another on the Velib bikes which can be picked up and dropped off all over the city.

Briefly, I went to Port Doree to see the bas-relief on the Palais du Port Doree, then past Pere-Lachaise to the Parc de Belleville which has a overview of Paris (unfortunately, it was cloudy). Next was the Canal St. Martin with shops and cafes beside an old canal. Then it was off to Montmartre to see the church there. It was an absolute madhouse of tourists and touts. By then I was running late for the walking tour at 3 and had just a few minutes back at the B&B to freshen up and pickup some camera supplies. It was back on the bike to the Ile St. Louis to meet the World War 2 walking tour with minutes to spare. The walking tour was disappointing as it was mostly walking from Notre Dame to the Arc du Triomphe will a few stops for talking. Then it took me a long walk to find another Velib bike and then a long ride back home.

So I'm beat and plan to nap and then get an early dinner. I am really ready to be home.

Pictures and a few more tour descriptions will have to wait until I am home. Oh, did I mention that it is off to my 40th high school reunion two days after returning from France?

Thanks again for reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to a visit over the weekend. Sounds like Paris was tougher than the mountains!